A continent-wide joint AU-EU training programme from the European Commission under the “Food Security Thematic Programme” to assist African countries improve their food security situation through a better knowledge and application of sanitary and phytosanitary measures.
BTSF AFRICA aims at :
- Strengthening capacity of African countries on human, animal and plant health issues.
- Support food safety and hence food security through both technical training and policy advice.
- Help African countries produce agro-food products compatible with international standards.
- Contribute to reducing food-borne disease.
- Support competitiveness of the agro-food sector and contribute to rural development in Africa and in the longer run promote regional trade.